Note : If your device doesn’t boot again, don’t panic. Just re-run blackra1n while the device is plugged in. Also, 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock.
Now here is how to jailbreak your iPod Touch using blackra1n.
- First we need to upgrade to OS 3.1.2 via iTunes. This should come free if you were already using 3.0 on iPod Touch or else you’ll have to purchase it.
- Once you are done with upgrading your iPod Touch to 3.1.2, download blackra1n.
- Launch blackra1n and use Windows XP compatibility mode if you’re using Windows Vista or Windows 7 (above). Click the ‘make it ra1n’ button.
- It will take sometime while your iPod Touch is being jailbroken. You will see George’s picture below, which means it’s working. Your iPod will restart on completion.
- You should now be able to see the blackra1n icon in your applications list now. Launch it.
- Now, you can install Cydia, which allows you to install jailbreak applications. There is an option to install Rock or Icy as well, which are alternatives to Cydia.
- Once completed, you now have your iPod Touch 3.1.2 jailbreak up and running. Congratulations !